Focused Attention on Serving Your BEST Interests
Let’s Plan for Your Future
From day one we have led the insurance & financial market in Central PA by basing our business on the commitment to our clients and prospects.
Long Term Care
Disability Income Protection Plans
Carriers We Represent
Let Asset Protectors be your partner and advocate in understanding your Medicare options. Before choosing a plan we will be sure you know the difference between your many options and how Medicare Supplements and Medicare Advantage Plans differ. Because these plans vary widely, even from county to county, we strongly recommend that you talk to our independent insurance agents to help you choose the one that best suits your needs.
Protect what matters most! Life insurance may be one of the most important purchases you’ll ever make. In the event of a tragedy, life insurance proceeds can help pay the bills, continue a family business, finance future needs like your children’s education, protect your spouse’s retirement plans, and much more. If you’re considering securing you and your family’s financial future, we would be happy to review your current situation and offer a few ideas on how you can protect it!
You’ve taken all the steps to protect yourself from disaster due to medical conditions and it’s time to think about how to protect your finances over the long term. An annuity is a financial product that pays out a fixed stream of payments to an individual, and these financial products are primarily used as an income stream for retirees. Many annuities offer guaranteed rates. Certain annuities offer an option of paying monthly interest to you, some offer bonuses for satisfying certain requirements such as leaving it for 5-10 years then taking 10%/year (that is an example, different annuities offer different terms). Let us help you decide what’s best for your future.
Long Term Care
We’re finding some people prefer some of the advantages of going the “hybrid” route for their long-term care coverage. I work with highly experienced professionals who understand the “Hybrid” market inside and out.
Our hybrid clients typically:
- Want a guarantee there will be NO rate increases to their premium, ever.
- Are very comfortable financially and are tempted to even just self-insure the risk, but realize having insurance in place may be prudent.
- Are people who have $100-150K in an easy-access fund like money market, CD, etc. – as “rainy day” money.
- Like to know they are going to use this insurance. With Hybrid, there’s a death benefit (life insurance) or the option to use the death benefit for long-term care costs instead. Hybrids work very similarly to “stand-alone” LTC products at claim time.
- May have income tax sensitivity. Benefits are income tax free.
- May have more serious health issues preventing the stand-alone companies from issuing them a policy. (We can often find a hybrid company may accept some health histories that are not acceptable by stand-alone companies.)
Other advantages of some Hybrid LTC products:
- One of our carriers still offers UNLIMITED lifetime coverage for LTC
- Though monies are re-allocated, it remains YOUR money under your control. So the money will be used either for long-term care costs, or for a death benefit (life insurance) or you can pull out your money later.
Disability Income Insurance
Disability Income Insurance is a form of insurance that insures the beneficiary’s earned income against the risk that a disability will make working, and therefore earning money, impossible. It includes paid sick leave, short-term disability benefits, and long-term disability benefits.
Are you prepared if you can’t work due to a long-term disability? The average long-term disability last 2 1/2 years; do you have the emergency savings to survive that long without an income? If not, you need to make sure you have disability insurance.
Individual Disability Insurance
Individual disability insurance offers multiple options for coverage, and a policy can be tailored to your needs. Since individual disability insurance policies are paid with after tax dollars, you don’t pay taxes on the benefits you receive.